Saturday, December 13, 2008

Have a Bowl of the Book Stew

Welcome to The Book Stew, a place for my reviews about books that don't contain pictures and word balloons. (That's Panel Patter, if you're interested!) I read a lot of books of all shapes, sizes, and genres, ranging from mysteries to histories, dense biographies to pulp fare.

Most review sites I've seen specialize in a particular type of book--sci fi, westerns, non-fiction, poetry, and so on. Well, that's great if you only read those types of books. But I read a little bit of damned near everything--just like how a good stew contains damned near everything left over in your kitchen.

So you're likely to see a review of classic 19th century poetry butting heads with my take on the latest Monk adaptation, followed closely by a study of Civil War medicine.

If that's not your bag, I understand. But if, like me, you like to peruse the New York Times Book Review for good books on things you've never explored before--this is the place for you.

You may not like every helping, but I guarantee there's something for everyone at The Book Stew. Now sit down and grab a virtual spoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment